Followers

Monday 10 May 2010

Colour Create Challenge


Morning all my lovely crafting buddies!! Hope you had a super duper weekend and for those of you who celebrated Mother's Day yesterday hope you were spoilt rotten hehe!! Today I am entering into a new challenge over at Colour Create and guess what they're also having a DT call so I'm gonna take my chances there too, fingers crossed lol!!


Must say I actually enjoyed this challenge and will definately be entering every one that they host! Loved the fact that they choose the colours and you have to scrummage around finding all your papers hehe! Don't you think this little angel has the sweetest face? I felt quite special last night when I showed my boys the card and my middle son asked me if that was me when I was little as he said she looks like me (how I wish lol)! Aren't they just priceless, our children?!
All the DP's are from my stash and are a mixture of DCWV and Cloud 9 Designs. The sentiment stamp is from Cuddly Buddly and I used Tim Holtz distress ink, brushed corduroy, to fit in with the colour scheme (brown). The raffia lace is also from my stash (purchased a while back from Hobbycraft) and the roses are from the one and only Wild Orchid Crafts. The angel I coloured in using promarkers, stickles on her wings and glossy accents on the hearts in her hair (sadly none of it shows up too well in the pics). I also used Papermania Glitter Chalk around the edges. Hope you like it and thanks so much for popping over and for any comments you may wish to leave.

12 comments:

  1. Oh she is beautiful, Carol. Was this the freebie from Elizabeth Bell? You did a fab job with the CC challenge, and good luck for the dt call.
    Havent chatted in a while will mail you later
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Carol, she's so sweet in those colours! Fabulous layout and flowers too x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card ~ luv the colour combo & fab layout xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, this is really gorgeous.i love the image and your colouring is super.great papers and layout.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Love!, just sooo beautiful!!. Love the image and gorgeous backing papers!! Your layout is just fab and I love the colours!!, well done my friend, love Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol, thanks so much for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them.
    Gorgeous card, great papers and gorgeous image, beautifully coloured. How cute that you son thought it was a young you!!
    Good luck with the DT call
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhhh now that wierd Carol, Im colouring her now lol...I thought I was seeing double...you have used her beautifully
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous carol! I love the colours you ahve used and the image is just a darling! Wishing you all the best in the DT call :)

    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol This is a lovely card and the image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!x Oh, this is lovely! I love the image and the colours are just gorgeous! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Carol. Love the sweet image you've used and the colours also. Good luck with the DT call. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty image and beautifully coloured. I love the backing papers too, a really lovely card.

    I have only just found your blog but will be visiting again, you have lots of lovely projects. Tracy x

    P.S. I hope your readers will hop over to my blog to read all about my DT call! http://blueberrybarn-ashbourne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete