Followers

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Just Magnolia + Sir Stampalot Challenges


Evening All!! Hope you're all well. I know I've been a terrible buddy lately but things have just gone a bit hectic and hopefully I'm now back on track so I'll be able to visit you all soon. I have made this card to enter into the Just Magnolia Challenge which was to follow a lovely sketch by the very talented Mina. I will also be entering it into the Sir Stampalot Challenge which is "Punch it Out" and that is exactly what I did with the butterflies. Apologies in advance for the long post but I find it rather difficult to photograph an easel card so I have uploaded quite a few pics hehe. This is a close up of the gorgeous Tilda from the fairytale collection and I'm quite embarassed to say it's the first time I've inked her up. Isn't she just the sweetest?! I have coloured her in with Promarkers, cut out with nesties and inked around the edges. The pearls are from the hobbyhouse. The ribbon / lace thingy is from Dunelm but have had in my stash for ages lol!

This is the bottom of the easel card and I have used a sentiment stamp from Personal Impressions and cut out with nesties again. The butterflies are punched out with and MS punch and I have added pearls also from the hobbyhouse.

Sideways view - I was hoping you would be able to see the butterflies that I cut out from the dp and layered on top with the wings up. The dps are all DCWV "Garden Party" Stack and are so beautifully glittered.

Thanks for stopping by and for any comments you wish to leave. They are all truly appreciated. Have a fab evening. Lotsa luv xxxx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    Your card is so pretty, I love all the butterflies and easel cards remin a favourite with me.

    To make sure your entry fits our rules and goes into the pot for our prize can you add the link back to our challenge blog (instructions on our side bar if you are unsure) as the one above liks to our own blog.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Carol..beautifully coloured image as always ~ luv the dp's & the butterflies are fab... Good luck in the challenges hun xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow such a beautiful card Carol, gorgeous image and papers...so pretty.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi My special friend!!, what can I say but WOW!!, love the easel card, the Tilda is just soooo cute and your butterflies are just scrummy!!
    Take care and enjoy the footie lol!!, love Stupid name!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, it looks really fantastic!

    Sanne :o)
    www.embellishments.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Carol, that paper is so pretty and I love the image. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this is a lovely easel card, such gorgeous papers too, love pink xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I love this Carol, it's butterfly heaven! Such pretty papers and your colouring is perfect too!
    Hugs Tara xxx
    PS. Thanks for being such an amazing commentator on blog ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easel cards are a favourite of mine. Your's is lovely Hun. I have these paper's but been in my stash for ages. Might need to get them out now I have seen your card. Promarkers are a must have arent they? Happy Crafting Loads of Love Tammy x oh....good luck with the challenge's xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stunning Carol! Lovely colouring. I adore the butterflies and it all looks fab. xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol,
    This is a super card! I love the beautiful butterfly paper.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again Carol this is stunning the colours and design are awesome so is Tilda I love it thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Sir Stampalot this month
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fab Easel card , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous easel and i love the butterflies
    love debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow Carol this is just stunning...perfectly coloured and the papers are amazing with your Tilda...wow wow and wow again...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete